Dharmadam Island is a tiny island separated from the mainland of Dharmadam by 100 meters. The island is spread over an area of 5 acres and is filled with coconut trees and emerald bushes. It is commonly known as the Green Island, and the thickly grown trees of the island rightly justify that name.
Government have taken steps to acquire this isle from private individuals with the intention of making this isle an important tourist center. Dharmadam Island is privately owned, and travelers can enter the region only with prior permission from the authorities.
- Location : Dhamadam, 17 kms south of Kannur, 4 kms north of Thalassery
- Nearest Railway Station : Dharmadam
- Nearest major Railway Station : Thalassery
- Nearest major Bus Station : Thalassery
- Nearest Airports : Mangalore(140 kms), Kozhikode (100 kms).